2/24/15

Star Wars DROIDS Original Production Cel (1985)

I know, this show wasn't very good, and admittedly, it didn't seem to have much to do with the Star Wars universe sometimes, but I've always had a soft spot for this Nelvana series.  Maybe it's because I can remember the excitement of the Saturday morning premiere event that I tuned in for--back when an animated Star Wars series was a new concept!  It was years before I saw it again, when the Sci-Fi Channel started showing it around 1995 or 1996.  And even now, all these years later, we've never had a proper DVD release of the whole season, only one VHS volume, around the time of the Special Edition, that consisted of a story arc of episodes strung together.  Something tells me that this isn't exactly a "top priority" for Disney, but I'd buy it.

2 comments:

John Small said...

I take exception to your comment that this show wasn't very good. It was, in fact, one of the best animated series of its day. I agree, however, that a proper DVD release of the entire series is WAY past due.

Sampoerna Quatrain said...

Well, I really say that in jest, because I sure was there watching it every Saturday morning...I do wish that it had gotten a second season, instead of Ewoks! I wonder now if we will ever see a proper release, since it's probably been stricken from the almighty CANON...!