8/16/22

WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS & MONSTER ZERO Radio Spots (UPA, 1970)

 

I am equally pleased and shocked to say that we have another (partially) lost set of Godzilla radio spots to bring out of the lost media category!  I decided to look in a less obvious place for radio spot records, and lo and behold, was able to bring this back home, from Finland, no less! How it got over there is a mystery.

I wasted no time in capturing this glorious minute-and-a-half.  These ads are some of the very best Godzilla radio ads, and they were smart enough to use real sound effects from the films (which wasn't always the case).  You can download them below, and I'll also add these to the recent Godzilla radio spot masterpost.

WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS & MONSTER ZERO Radio Spots

Postscript:  I'm always interested in the reverse sides of one-sided records, and I can report that this one does indeed have grooves (and a blank label) on its B-side, only instead of being empty and silent, they are cut in a reverse spiral, and farther apart...meaning, if you drop the needle somewhere in the middle, it shoots away and flies off the record before you realize what's happening! Nutty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Any chance we could get mp3s in addition to flac, please and thanks?

Sampoerna Quatrain said...

Yes! It's fixed, and I tested the link. Honestly I don't know why I even did FLAC for radio ads. I was in "music mode." It's fixed now!