10/11/24

Countdown to Halloween 2024 (week 2)!

Something a little different this week, because these discs go together, but were probably sold separately, who knows...

Anybody remember LASERLIGHT, the budget label that released, well, whatever they could get their hands on?  I first encountered them as a young CD collector. I think they were the first "bins full of cheap CDs" that I ever ran into.  Mostly Classical at that time, though. It was a huge deal to find $3 CDs when they were all twenty bucks or more.

This is a helping of Halloween cheese put out by them in 1999-2000, but in excellent packaging.  The covers were shiny foil printed on heavy stock, and each disc's inlay and spine were a different bright highlighter color--this made for a nice asthetic, but is impossible to scan for some reason.

You get a little of everything--two discs of movie themes, a disc of original music, and a disc of scary stories:





I will admit I haven't even finished going through them yet, which I will rectify, and here we are already at Week 2! Enjoy!

No comments: