6/3/11

Godzilla Lobby Cards (part two)

More lobby cards for your viewing pleasure today:

Poor Angilas gets ambushed in this one from GIGANTIS, THE FIRE MONSTER (1959, U.S. version of GODZILLA RAIDS AGAIN).
Here's an American lobby card from the either maligned-or-praised GODZILLA VS. THE SMOG MONSTER (Me, I LOVE it! In fact, this one is very high on my list, and in my top five favorite Godzilla movies!)

An exciting Mexican lobby card for PLANETARY TITANS, er, excuse me, GODZILLA VS. MEGALON.  By the way, that's another film that's both loved and hated (and also in the "love" category for me)! Mexicn lobby cards seem to very often have the picture-within-a-picture format.

And finally today, we have another American card, for KING KONG ESCAPES (1968). Nope, it's not a Godzilla movie, but it IS a Toho Classic, directed by Ishiro Honda, and includes a Gorosaurus death scene at Kong's hairy hands, as well as a Sea Serpent sometimes mistaken for Manda!

No comments: