10/12/16

Godzilla Color Bromide Set: Part 17, Space Amoeba (Yog, 1970)

Fun and entertaining film that gets a big representation here with 18 bromides.  Of course, there was plenty of kaiju action to choose from, and it was a much more recent film at the time this set was made:
For some reason I have a mental block when it comes to this monster's name, which is Kamoebas.

The giant crab is called Ganimes, which I have a partial mental block to about half the time.


The giant cuttlefish is called Gezora, which is easy for me to remember for some reason.

There is A LOT going on in this paste-up!

Herd of bats (not the right word, I know.  Swarm?) that plays into the plot, in that they enable the monsters to be un-controlled by the Space Amoeba (or, in the US, Yog).


Gezora out for a stroll.


A few of the bromide cards were made using artwork that was more square, and instead of cropping the artwork into a rectangle, they used it with a large white margin, which is rather odd.

Here's another wild paste-up, filled with action.


Although.....this one is just weird. I mean, really.


Anybody taken "Burning Gezora" as a band name yet???? I'm calling it!





No comments: