5/15/17

Make Way For Angilas

Last week at the thrift store, I found a bag of bootleg PVC Godzilla figures.  I knew they were bootlegs because firstly, I'd seen the full set advertised on the same sites that sell Bootlego (Chinese Lego knock-offs), and secondly, the "burning" part of the Burning Godzilla (1995) figures came in lots of wrong colors, including red, dark blue, etc.  It seems an odd thing to bootleg, and an odd time to bootleg them, but all I could think of was that the "red" Burning Godzilla was supposed to kind-of, sort-of pass for a Shin Godzilla. 
Case in point.  I did not get very many different figures (actually 4), and my selection included only 1 Gigan, who was missing the lower half of his...beak.  Also only 1 of the Blue Burning Godzillas, and he was missing an arm.  So, you get what you pay for, I guess. Also, 1998 Zilla, really? Big demand for that one overseas?

Back to the subject at hand, in the bag were nine small Anguiruses (if that is indeed the plural of Anguirus).  Suddenly there was a small army of the little guys living on my kitchen table, and as I was arranging them, a thought struck me.  Here it is:

No comments: