10/18/16

Godzilla Color Bromide Set: Part 18, Godzilla vs the Smog Monster (Hedorah, 1971)

Here's a film that has only grown in its legacy over the years.  Today you will find it on more people's list of favorites, and that definitely includes me.  There are 18 bromides for the film:
This image gets quite a bit of use; it's the original prototype for Hedorah.







This card is just merely cropped from the Japanese movie poster for the film...!


This is one of my very favorite bromide cards!
ABOVE and BELOW:  I've said it before on this very blog, but I will again:  those mysterious orbs are HEDORAH'S EYES.  This comes not only from information in the film itself, but also an interview with the director! If one curious soul stumbles across this fact here, I have done my job!



There is actually a 1,000-piece puzzle available of this image! Yikes.


"Nom, nom, nom..."

One of the holdups to getting people to like this film is this, right here.  Godzilla flew.  It happened.  We should reward "out of the box" thinking.  Isn't that why Shin Godzilla is so successful, after all?

Hey, it's a behind-the-scenes image, right here at the end.

No comments: