12/4/12

A Week of Random Coolness

This is just a handful of strangeness today, but it's a pretty good indication of what makes up a standard week-or-two period in my life.
First up, you know those small white vinyl figures you can buy in craft stores (and sometimes Targets) that come with markers or stickers for decorating? I bought a small one that was supposed to be a "dinosaur," but it looked more like Snoopy.  It was pretty awful, and the tail was short and pointed.  You might have gotten a Yoshi out of it with some help, but really, more like Snoopy, without the ears.  I wish I had taken a photo of it first, but if you have read this blog at all, you know where this is going.
Yep.  Covering the whole thing in Sculpy, and building up the head, eyebrows, arms, legs, and tail, and by adding the eyes, nose, fingers, toes, teeth and plates (I should have just said everything), it made a superdeformed Godzilla, which I baked and painted.

Maybe I'll make a "Mothra worm" to go with him.  Meanwhile, I photographed a bizarre videotape at a thrift store and made this Demotivational:
Yesterday, my friend sent me an even more bizarre picture, which he found on Ebay, and once I recovered, I made THIS Demotivational:
You just can't make this sort of thing up...finally, I found a really neat item at the coin store, where I haven't been in a year or so.  Apparently this was a reward for buying or selling bonds, given out after World War II.  The cool thing is, it's made FROM MELTED DOWN CAPTURED GERMAN CANNONS.  You read that right.  It's the coolest thing I have seen all week.
We now return you to the audio portion of the blog, already in progress...

No comments: