2/6/22

New Godzilla VHS boxed set discovered!

 

After chronicling over 177 different American VHS releases of Godzilla and his friends, a boxed set I'd never seen before turned up on Ebay, and I jumped on it with gusto.  It is from 1998 and calls itself the "Special Edition Collector's Set" (remember how everything after 1997 was suddenly a "Special Edition"?), but really the most "special" thing about it is the box, as both tapes were available elsewhere.  But, hey, I live for this stuff, and since I do, check out the entire list of every VHS tape featuring Godzilla (and friends) released in the U.S.A during the age of videotape.  At the bottom of the page, you can download a PDF that presents all of the info in book form.  In fact, I have finally gotten it updated to include new discoveries like this one. The project has gotten so big, it's split into two PDFs: one for VHS, and one for everything else (8mm/Super 8, Laserdisc, CED, and more on the way)!

No comments: