10/17/13

Recent Godzilla Items!

Let's catch up on some recent acquisitions!
I had no idea, but the Ben Cooper company also made what they called "jigglers," which were soft rubber monsters on elastic strings 4 or 5 inches high...my theory is that they had already made these when they acquired the Godzilla license (see costume), and just slapped a GODZILLA tag on this one, which as you can see, doesn't favor the Big G too terribly well.
Oh, and was I too lazy to take my own photos, opting instead to just swipe the auction pictures? Of course I was!

Secondly, this is the theatre program book for GODZILLA MILLENNIUM, or "2000" as we call it here.  It's nice, large, and glossy, but didn't contain the tons of behind-the-scenes photos I was hoping for.
Back Cover of Program
Next we have this lovely item, the autograph of Harou Nakajima, THE MAN who was in the Godzilla suit from 1954 until the early 70's, which now hangs on the Wall of Autographs at the Sphinx.
And finally, we have this 300-piece jigsaw puzzle, featuring a terrific promotional shot for DESTROY ALL MONSTERS.  As C-3PO would say, "I've forgot how much I hated jigsaw puzzles," because this was not very fun to assemble, mostly because it contained the dark mess of every shade of brown and tan imaginable...and the small-sized pieces.
But, after like 3 hours, we got it done (thanks Julia). 

More goodness coming soon, including another Engrish lesson from Ultraman Jack. Stay tuned!

No comments: