10/10/13

The Things That I See (continued)

Another chapter in the continuing story of sights I encounter while roaming through life.  We start off today with this:

If you've never seen the "derp" Internet meme, then now you know what one is.  This, most assuredly, is a "derp."  This is actually a couple of continuous panels from a comic book version of "The Horror of Party Beach," but this particular moment was so ridiculous...well, the whole thing is so ridiculous, which is why it can be enjoyed via a MST3K episode.


I wasn't aware of this at the time (which now was FIFTEEN years ago, ugh), but this is quite simply one of the greatest album covers I have ever seen, and this is actually a "CD single," which I don't even think they make anymore. 


This is a real thing.  I actually debated buying and converting it, until I looked at the vinyl, which looked like it had been used as a toboggan on asphalt.  Oh well.

Finally, this last item would be easy to stage, but believe me, I was simply walking through the thrift store, in the section of kids' books, and this is what I saw!



2 comments:

Chris Sobieniak said...

"This is actually a couple of continuous panels from a comic book version of "The Horror of Party Beach," but this particular moment was so ridiculous...well, the whole thing is so ridiculous, which is why it can be enjoyed via a MST3K episode."

Reminded they gave that monster a bullfrog type noise too.

Chris Sobieniak said...

Finally, this last item would be easy to stage, but believe me, I was simply walking through the thrift store, in the section of kids' books, and this is what I saw!

Someone came around and put it there to annoy you!

Sorry about the Zither LP. I go through those disappointments too at these places.